table of contents
With medical expenses deduction
Object of deduction and application method
Medical expenses deduction means that if you pay more than a certain amount of medical expenses annually, part of the tax paid will be returned. However,Even if you are a company employee, you must file a final tax return in order to receive the medical expenses deduction.
So what does medical cost deduction look like in the first place? When and how should I proceed?
Medical expenses deduction
Expenses paid for medical treatment for the purpose of medical treatment are eligible for medical expenses deduction. Mainly the following are listed.
<Medical practice subject to medical expenses deduction>
- Medical expenses / treatment / hospital expenses at hospital
- Cost of medicine purchased based on doctor's prescription
- Purchase cost of medical equipment such as crutches necessary for treatment
- Transportation costs required for going to hospital
- Dental treatment costs (including expenses not covered by insurance)
- Orthodontic costs for children
- Rehabilitation / massage costs for treatment
- Nursing care costs covered by nursing care insurance
For medical expenses deduction
What does not become
Medical expenses for disease prevention are not eligible for medical expenses.
Specifically, the following are not covered.
<Medical practices not subject to medical expenses deduction>
- Costs for medical checkups such as medical checkups (included if a disease is found and treated)
- Cost of vaccination
- Cosmetic surgery treatment costs
- Expenses for herbal medicine and vitamins
- Gas charge and parking fee for private car
- Transportation expenses to parents' home for homecoming
- The difference bed fee used for your own convenience
Medical expenses deduction
Target amount of money
The amount subject to medical expenses deduction is the amount calculated by the following formula (up to 200 10,000 yen).
(Total amount of medical expenses actually paid-(1) amount)-(2) amount
(1) Amount covered by insurance money
(Example) Hospitalization benefits paid under a life insurance contract, etc., large-scale medical expenses / family medical expenses / lump-sum allowance for childbirth / childcare, etc.
(Note) Amounts covered by insurance claims will be deducted up to the amount of medical expenses that were the purpose of the benefits. not.
(2) 10 million yen
(Note) If the total income amount for the year is less than 200 10,000 yen, the total income amount is 5%
Procedure to receive deduction
Please submit a final tax return that describes matters related to medical expenses deduction to the head of the local tax office.
Documents certifying medical expenses, such as receipts, should be attached to the final tax return or presented when submitting the final tax return.
In addition, please attach a withholding slip (original) of salary income if you have salary income.
Medical expenses subject to medical expenses deduction
[Law, etc. as of 27 month 4 year of Heisei 1]
Medical expenses subject to medical expenses deduction are as follows, and are the amount of money that does not significantly exceed the level generally spent depending on the medical condition.
Consideration for medical treatment or treatment by a doctor or dentist (however, in principle, costs for medical examinations and rewards for doctors, etc. are not included)
Consideration for purchasing medicines necessary for treatment or treatment (
Directly necessary to receive medical care, treatment, treatment or distribution assistance by doctors etc. at the following costs
(1) Usually required for hospital fees for doctors, pick-up fees for doctors, etc., room and meal costs for hospitalization, purchase of medical equipment such as corsets, and rent Things (however, petrol fee and parking fee are not included when going to the hospital by private car)
In order to receive the 1 medical expenses deduction, it is necessary to attach or present a receipt to prove the payment to the final tax return. (If you submit a final tax return by e-Tax, you can enter and send the medical expenses receipt, etc. instead of submitting or presenting it. You can request submission or presentation of these documents to confirm the input contents for 5 years from the final tax return date. If you do not respond to these, you have submitted or presented these documents when submitting the final tax return It will not be a thing.)
Free email consultation
Cosmetic dermatology and cosmetic surgery in Nagoya
1 minute walk from Hisaya-Odori Station on Subway Sakuradori Line / Meijo Line
4-minute walk from Sakae Station on the Higashiyama Line