It takes about 2 minute to read this article.
In 2000, a woman who underwent an armpit treatment at a Tokyo cosmetic surgery clinic died 12 days after the surgery.
This death was caused by a doctor's anesthesia error, and many media reported at the time. Physicians who made anesthesia mistakes had little experience as doctors and were sent to work due to negligence due to work and were suspended for three months.
Why did a fatal accident occur?
A fatal accident occurred because of anesthesia, not an operation failure. Anesthesia is local anesthesia. Lidocaine hydrochloride (xylocaine) is an anesthesia that is also used in dentistry and is commonly used in local surgery.
Xylocaine is widely used in most cosmetic surgery.
However, allergic reactions to lidocaine hydrochloride (xylocaine) can cause breathing difficulties and shock symptoms such as decreased blood pressure.
Similarly, using anesthesia above the prescribed amount will cause shock symptoms.
It is so-called xylocaine addiction.
The cause of this fatal accident is also a doctor's mistake because it is assumed that a large amount of xylocaine was injected at once.
Surgery can take a long time and often uses high concentrations of xylocaine (which can be as much as 2%).
This is not generally known, but can be a significant risk.
In the case of treatment of wakiga, 0.2% In other words, many doctors do not know that anesthesia is sufficiently effective at a concentration of 1 / 10.
It is better to avoid unnecessary anesthesia as much as possible.
It is thought that death is not the cause of death due to the operation of wakiga.
It is necessary to convey the risks and problems of local anesthesia to the patient.